Repeated Warning in a job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kirannumb
Participant

Repeated Warning in a job

Post by kirannumb »

Hi All,

I am getting the following warning message in most of the jobs... I tried TYPE CONVERSION 'USTRINGTOSTRING' in Transformer to eliminate few of the warnings. I have so many jobs which has the same warning, can anyone suggest me best approach to clear the warning.

WARNING:

ds_AddressFreq: When checking operator: When binding output schema variable "outRec": When binding output interface field "qsFreqColumnID" to field "qsFreqColumnID": Implicit conversion from source type "uint32" to result type "string": Converting number to string.
Kiran
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Somewhere in the job stream there is an implied conversion from uint32 to string (not ustring to string). Find it and manage it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kirannumb
Participant

Post by kirannumb »

Thanks Ray. I gave a wrong example for my question actually I want to paste the following warning.

seq_Surv: When checking operator: When binding input interface field "HouseNo" to field "HouseNo": Implicit conversion from source type "ustring[max=10]" to result type "string[max=10]": Converting ustring to string using codepage ISO-8859-1.

I tried the USTRING TO STRING conversion for the above warning...
Kiran
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's one of those almost impossible-to-eliminate alerts where you can, if you're confident of the rigour of your job design, demote using a message handler.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
srinivas.g
Participant

Post by srinivas.g »

In modify stage mentioned like Specification=NOWARN.
It will go automatically no need for message handler.
Srinu Gadipudi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

True, but the original question posited a Transformer stage.
kirannumb
Participant

Post by kirannumb »

srinivas.g wrote:In modify stage mentioned like Specification=NOWARN.
It will go automatically no need for message handler.

Thanks for the input srinivas. I tried your approach but the warning got doubled, I mentioned NOWARN in Specification. Please validate my approach..
Kiran