Using Grid

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kjaouhari
Participant

Using Grid

Post by kjaouhari »

Hello Folks,

I was wondering why in some projects I see more grid parameters than others projects. Like APT_GRID_HOME.

I'm trying to use the grid dynamicaly but when I check the dsparam It looks that I'm missing some parameters.

Any clue will be kind.

Cheers !
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

More detail please. What Resource Manager are you using? PBS Pro? APT_GRID_HOME is set in the dsenv as the defualt, so it doesn't make any difference whethere you inclulde this parameter in your job.
All parameters should be included in dsparam. What you mean by using grid dynamically?
attu
Participant

Post by attu »

Do you mean you want to run a job with dynamic config file and include parameters e.g number of compute nodes? number of partitions?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When IBM services installed the grid enablement kit, they would have provided training and documentation about how to use the grid. It is not just parameters; there are changes to sequential file and Data Set management too.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.