xml source

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kaushal.kumar@igate.com
Participant

xml source

Post by kaushal.kumar@igate.com »

Hi,
I have a requirement as:
"There are 40 different xml source files with different metadata/schema.
I need to create a single job which will read any of these xml files at runtime and convert it to a flat file.
I need to create only one job for all the above requirements."

I can do this kind of logic using sequential file stage for source file as flat/csv file using schema file, but not able to implement same for xml source file.
I cannot hard code the metadata in any of the job as there are different source files with different metadata.

can anyone suggest on this???
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Ask why those requirements are this rigid? Is it 40? or 400? Either way, somewhere you are going to have to work out the logic and map out the metadata, unless you write your own entirely dynamic parser....

How hard is it to get the metadata for all 40? ...they can exist on the same xmlInput Stage, as 40 output links......

If you have to go the dynamic route, JavaPack is one possiblity, or possibly xslt invoked by one of the XMLStages, such as the XMLImporter.....and you would then entirely manage your own parsing and navigation of xml.

...but in those cases, why use DataStage at all?

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Moderator: please move to Enterprise Edition (parallel) forum

The forum in which you are presently reading is dedicated to testimonials about the DSXchange websites.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.