Bulk load issue on DB2 Connector Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSFreddie
Participant

Bulk load issue on DB2 Connector Stage

Post by DSFreddie »

When Bulk load is Load-replaced, I am getting an error message as as shown below:

Db_Acs_Med_Filter_Insert: [IIS-CONN-DB2-000437] The connector cannot be selected as partitioner or the Write mode set to Bulk load with more than one node in the environment configuration when the table action is Create or Replace and the Create statement is generated at runtime. (CC_DB2Connection::connect, file CC_DB2Connection.cpp, line 558)

The input to the Bulk Load stage was specified as Auto partition using 8-node partitioning (even tried 40-node partition) in Config File. I got different errors/discrepancies that can be found in Director logs:

Pls help.

Regards,
DSFreddie
Gazelle
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Gazelle »

Did you find a solution?

I had the same error.
I tried a few things, but still could not get it working within a parallel job:
1. The doco suggests the stage can be set to run in Sequential mode when the previous stage is Parallel... but I could see no way of doing this (I am used to seeing the option under the tab General>Advanced>Execution-mode, but there is no General tab in the DB2Connector).
2. Tried including a Copy stage set to sequential execution, to propagate the partitioning.
3. Tried various partition methods on the DB2Connector stage, including the mysterious "DB2 Connector" partition method.
4. Tried writing to a dataset, then loading via a separate job run with 1 node.

I ended up combining options 4 and 2,
i.e. use a separate load job running on 1 node that has:
a. A Dataset stage to reads the multi-partition dataset.
b. A Copy stage running in sequential execution mode.
c. A DB2Connector with auto-partition, using the Bulk Load write method.

I don't like that workaround, so am keen to see if others have a better solution.