Information Server Manager

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ragunathan Gunasekaran
Participant

Information Server Manager

Post by Ragunathan Gunasekaran »

Hi ,

I am using Information Server 8.1 installation on a Red Hat linux. I would like to see the date and time the jobs were modifed on a particular project.

I believe the Datastage Manager in earlier 7.5 version was catering to this need and the equivalent of this is the Information Server Manager in 8.1 ..?

When i invoked Information Server Manager and Added a New Domain, it got connected but its not showing any datastage related items under the categories Datastage and Packages !!!!! Is there any thing that needs to be configured to use this Manager tool...?
Regards
Ragu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The tool to use is not Information Server Manager but, rather, DataStage and QualityStage Designer. Within Designer open the Repository toolbar, select the component or folder in which you are interested, then slide out the details window (the right arrow on the right-hand side of the Repository toolbar).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
wernerg_at
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by wernerg_at »

Hi,

if you have MetaDataWorkbench licensed, you'll able to report things like this very easily by using the workbench web console. (http://fqdn:9080/workbench)

There are a lot of properties you can query, e.g. Transformation Project->Includes Jobs -> JobName, Created By User, Created On, Last Modifed By User, Last Modified On, ...

If you wan't to find out, if MWB is licensed or not you may either check the version.xml file on your services tier and search for metadataworkbench in the <Products> section or check the licensing pages within the information server webconsole.

Documentations regarding MWB:
MWB Admin Guide (i46meadm.pdf), MWG User's Guide (i46megde.pdf)

BR

Werner