Datastage v8.2 - when is the release date?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

droberts
Premium Member
Premium Member

Datastage v8.2 - when is the release date?

Post by droberts »

Hi,

I have read some of Vince McBurney's blogs on IT Toolbox and am still not sure:

a) when Datastage v8.2 is due to be released;
b) If this release will contain the mooted SCCS CVS compatible source and version control tool.

Does anyone have any info pertaining to any of the above - if you do, can you share as it would be much appreciated as any information I have states that the version / source cotrol tool would be included in v8.1.

Daren
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Gleaned from the roadmap session at IOD 2009:
(a) in (the first half of?) 2010, but it may not be called 8.2 (it might be 8.5)
(b) links from ISM to ClearCase and CVS are in the plan for this version

Links to other source code control tools are to be possible through an API or an Eclipse plug-in.

The usual caveats, that these are plans, apply. If they can't get it working in time, it may slip to a later release. I have no information about whether it's working or not - have not been participating in the beta program.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
droberts
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by droberts »

Thanks Ray

Daren
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There may be some announcement at the IOD EMEA 2010 conference in Rome in May.
:wink:
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

The next major release will be 8.5 and I think it will come in May for Windows and Red Hat and over subsequent months for other platforms. And yes I think it has the check in check out stuff in it.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Spoilsport! Now they'll have nothing with which to surprise the punters at the conference!
:wink: