Best way to export a DataStage Category via command line?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srireddypunuru
Premium Member
Premium Member

Best way to export a DataStage Category via command line?

Post by srireddypunuru »

Hi,

I have an DATASTAGE 8.1 in AIX i need to import huge dsx in to the DS Server using Command line. What is the most efficent of way of importing the dsx from the server side. And to add to this when is export the code from DEV should it have both design and Executable also or only design which one is considered as the best practice. (Moving the code from DEV to QA)

Thanks
Srikanth Punuru
Srikanth Reddy
Integration Consultant
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

If I understand your question, the most efficient way would be to export it to an ISX file using the IS manager or istool command. That way it could be loaded on the server without being transferred from a client PC.

Depending on your release of 8.1 you will probably have to get a comprehensive istool patch installed before it works.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
srireddypunuru
Premium Member
Premium Member

DATASTAGE IMPORT in DS 8.1

Post by srireddypunuru »

Thanks for the message. My requirement is I need to Import the code in DS 8.1 where all the dsx will be stored in a Directory i need to have a Script which would be invoked by Buildforge tool inturn that would import the code.

Thanks
Srikanth Punuru
Srikanth Reddy
Integration Consultant
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's nothing contradictory there. Your script would invoke the istool command.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.