How can we implement is DS PX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

partha.natta
Premium Member
Premium Member

How can we implement is DS PX

Post by partha.natta »

If for a account number there are multiple values are present in another field, how can I take each value and propagate it to different fields.For e.g. if there are multiple dates for a single account no coming from a single source field,and in the target there are different target columns are present where we need to propagate the respective values.The first date should go to the firstcolumn , the second should should go to the second column and thus so on.How to implement this in datastage PX.
Thanks & Regards,
Partha
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Investigate the use of the Field() function.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

It would be easier to answer if you could illustrate your problem with an example, for instance the multiple dates - are they in a single column with a separator, or in distinct columns?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

More information is required about how these multiple values are stored in their single field. Without that, no cogent reply can be given - different techniques are available to handle different layouts.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I thought mine was pretty cogent, given what I had to work with. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

... unless the data in the field are:
fixed-width undelimited format
buried in free-form text
gibberish*

* this does not mean "from Gibraltar"
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dsuser_cai
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsuser_cai »

Read the source (im considering your source is a delimited text file) file in one column, using a sequential file stage, then use a transformer and use fiel function to seperate it to different fields, or you can also use a Column import stage.
Thanks
Karthick