MQ Series

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

AviETL
Participant

MQ Series

Post by AviETL »

I'm getting error message when I try to connect MQ server using PlugIn

"ds_loadlibrary: Win32 error in LoadLibrary of mqs.dll - The specified module could not be found."

I see file mqs.dll is exists in following folders,

C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\DSComponents\bin

C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\StagingArea\Installed\MQSeries\server\windows

Any help on this topic would be appreciated
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Couple of things to consider and try:

a) Are you planning on using MQ Client or MQ Server (is the MQServer co-resident with DataStage?)

b) Depending on that choice, do you recall what choices you made when Information Server was installed? It asks if you want the MQ plugin and then asks if you want the Server or Client version.....

c) Have you tried the MQ Connector --- it can do both.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
AviETL
Participant

Post by AviETL »

Hi Erniet,

We are planning to use MQ client. MQ server is not resident with DataStage. During installation I did not select any MQ series option. I have installed MQ plug-in separately.
We have OS windows 2003 64 bit, I'm not sure how do I point 32 bit MQ client plug-in or connector to datastage engine.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

My suggestion then, is to use the MQ Connector. It supports MQ client out of the box, and is ready to go. Be sure that you have the MQ Client software working perfectly and able to connect to MQ, write and read messages, etc. before you get into DataStage. Spend time with the documentation for the Connector (there is a whole PDF on it), and searching thru the forum here...you will find a lot of details on the MQ stages and methodologies.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>