Odbc connector and enterprise stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

probal
Participant

Odbc connector and enterprise stage

Post by probal »

In my job I am using odbc connector stage ,and my target is a odbc connector stage via transformer.In my source d/b there is a column of datatype number which is imported in the datastage metadata as decimal(38,10).After compilation when I run this job the job is aborted showing a log of many NOTFOUND columns.

This job is run successfully if I use a odbc enterprise stage instead of connector stage.Seems that the problem is for that specific column only as if I remove that column the job is run successfully using odbc connector stage
Can anyone please explain the reason
Appreciate any kind of help.[/img]
Probal
priyadarshikunal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by priyadarshikunal »

Are you sure it runs correctly when you remove those fields? Are you getting anything as output?

when ever it fails using ODBC connector stage look at the entry in log containing IIS-CONN-ODBC and check whether the connection was successful.

I only get not found warnings for key columns when the connection is not successful.
Priyadarshi Kunal

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped. :wink:
probal
Participant

Post by probal »

As I have said earlier the pblm is with that specific column only.there is no problem of connection.I have tested that.
My query is how can the same job can be run successfully using odbc enterprise stage w/o removing that column............
Probal
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

For what you're describing, I would assume it's a bug in the connector stage, they are new and thus still can have some issues. Check with your official support provider to see if this is a known issue and if there is a patch available.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

The point to note here is that ' IBM would be replacing enterprise stages with connector stages in long term'

Regards
Sreeni
probal
Participant

Post by probal »

You mean connector stages will be replaced by the enterprise stage.?
Probal
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No. Not sure anything will actually "be replaced" but Connectors are new and will (I assume) be the preferred connection object going forward, once they get all the kinks out of 'em that is. :wink:
-craig

nmed27
Participant

Re: Odbc connector and enterprise stage

Post by nmed27 »

probal wrote:In my source d/b there is a column of datatype number which is imported in the datastage metadata as decimal(38,10).
- What is your source database?
- Is there another column of datatype decimal?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Oracle. And unbounded NUMBER field (one with no precision specified) will be imported as Decimal(38,10) since an unbounded NUMBER is stored as a float.
-craig