NLS Problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sandeepgs
Participant

NLS Problem

Post by sandeepgs »

Hi All,

We are trying to run a DS job in prod and we are recieving the below mentioned warning.

Warning:
main_program: Parameter not resolvable: DSProjectMapName
main_program: Parameterization error: Parameterization failed

We dont have NLS installed on prod but we have it on DEV environment. We dont have permissions to installa NLS even though we know that the issue will be resolve by installing the NLS software.

All our other severs dont have NLS installed but our DEV envi has it. We created the job in dev and trying to move to PROD/preintegaration envi where we dont have NLS installed. How can we resolve the above issue.

Is there any other way to do that.

Thanks in Advance.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not positive but have you ensured your NLS maps in your dev jobs are set to 'None' or whatever it is that "turns that off", so to speak?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Basically your projects are incompatible. Does this message cause jobs to abort, or is it just a warning? There are two workarounds and one solution.

Workaround 1 is to use a message handler to suppress the warning or convert it to informational.

Workaround 2 is to edit the export file before importing into production.

Solution is to install compatible projects (both with or both without NLS).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sandeepgs
Participant

Post by sandeepgs »

Hai Ray/Chulet,

The problem is that the job is being aborted in the other environment.

The error message shown is:

main_program: Parameter not resolvable: DSProjectMapName
main_program: Parameterization error: Parameterization failed

So as a results of our tests we found that the problem is NLS. The data from the source system is Language French for few rows and the abort occurred when trying to convert the words (French).

I undrestood that the DataStage will take Default NLS if the NLS Installation was not done. So now as we created the jobs in the NLS installaed DS environmnent.

My question is there any way that the issue can be resolved with installing NLS in the other environment.

Note: I am not a premium member so can you please post your comment in such a way that I can read the suggestions you are mentioning.

Thanks in Advance.
sandeepgs
Participant

Post by sandeepgs »

Hi Chullet,

I had set the NLS option as NONE. This was done using Administrator.

Then I execute the job the job failed with the same error message.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

As Ray has stated, once you go to NLS you can't go back. Jobs exported from a NLS project need to be imported into a NLS project.