How to view data from lookup fileset

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

singhald
Participant

How to view data from lookup fileset

Post by singhald »

Hi ,

do we have any utility to view data from LookupFileSet stage.

thanks
Regards,
Deepak Singhal
Everything is okay in the end. If it's not okay, then it's not the end.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

No such utility exists; this is the major drawback of using a looup fileset and some tests that I did at V7 showed that the performance gains of a lookup fileset versus a dataset were not particularly great. For this reason I don't use them anymore.
abhijain
Participant

Post by abhijain »

You can not view data of lookup fileset. No such utility exist.
Rgrds,
Abhi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Data are stored in a Lookup File Set in a pre-indexed format. Because of this the only access method is "read by key", which the data browser does not support.

The benefit is that, when used with a Lookup stage, the LUT_CreateOp operator does not need to be executed because the index already exists in the Lookup File Set - it can simply be moved into memory rather than built "on the fly". This is particularly beneficial when many jobs use the same reference data, particularly if there are many rows. Of course, the reference data still have to fit into memory, into a virtual Data Set.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.