how to update the job version number automatically

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Aggie99
Participant

how to update the job version number automatically

Post by Aggie99 »

Can someone help me to figure out how to update the job version number in a datastage job.

My team works on change requests which modify datastage job. Once a datastage job is modified, we will update the job version number to the next value (eg. 50.1.1. to 50.1.2) and release it to prod.

version number is a way we know which version goes in, etc.

thanks in advance.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Without a version control system there isn't a way to do it, unfortunately. I haven't looked into what has come out at V8.1, but there might be something there; V8.0x has nothing.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I don't have access to a system right now but wasn't it a property of the job itself with the ability to manually change it right there in the Designer?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The new tool in 8.1 (Information Server Manager, command line istool) does not change the job version. It can be changed manually in Designer.

The version number is stored in the ROOT record for the job in DS_JOBOBJECTS. Do not ever change the first component!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

Changing a version 'manually' is fine but how do we go back to the previous version?

I think 'versioncontrol' would be a good feature to be added for further releases.

Regards
Sreeni
abhijain
Participant

Post by abhijain »

DS doesn't have the version control. One can manually maintain it.

Use of Version Control tool can help to maintain the different versions of the code.
Rgrds,
Abhi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DataStage had Version Control until version 7.5.

Information Server Manager in a near future release will be able to interact with source code control systems - directly with ClearCase and CVS, through an interface (API or Eclipse plug-in) to others.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.