Internal Error When Using ODBC Connection

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

emeri1md
Participant

Internal Error When Using ODBC Connection

Post by emeri1md »

I'm trying to write data to a SQL Server 2005 table. I tested my connection with a test job (to a test table) successfully. When using the actual data (both in the test job and the real job), I get the following:

APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Failure during execution of operator logic.
APT_CombinedOperatorController,0: Internal Error: (0): odbcwrite.C: 746
Sequential_File_4,0: Internal Error: (shbuf): iomgr\iomgr.C: 1880
node_node2: Player 1 terminated unexpectedly.
node_node1: Player 2 terminated unexpectedly.
main_program: APT_PMsectionLeader(1, node1), player 2 - Unexpected exit status 1.

There were some repeat error messages, but you get the basic idea. If there was an issue with the data, metadata, or connection, I would expect a more informing error message, but these internal errors are throwing me off.

Any ideas?

Matt
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Disable operator combination so that you can determine which operator is actually throwing the error.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
emeri1md
Participant

Post by emeri1md »

Sorry about that. I had disabled it on the big job, but not here. Here are the updated error messages.

ODBC_Enterprise_0,1: Failure during execution of operator logic.
ODBC_Enterprise_0,1: Internal Error: (0): odbcwrite.C: 746
Copy_5,1: Internal Error: (shbuf): iomgr\iomgr.C: 1880
node_node2: Player 2 terminated unexpectedly.

I already knew it's the ODBC stage, as I can delete it and the job runs. I just don't understand why it causes the abort when using it with junk data to a junk table works perfectly.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I would imagine that those "Internal errors" in their C code would need to go back to the vendor for clarification / issue resolution. Check with your official support provider, perhaps there's a patch available.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

But first check that the executing user has appropriate privileges to the target table.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
emeri1md
Participant

Post by emeri1md »

Got it. As usual is was something small that caused it.

One of the fields in DS was an unsigned bigint. In SQL Server, they don't let you choose signed or unsigned. By changing it to Varchar, it worked. Stupid problem, simple resolution.

Thanks for your time.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Interesting. Might be something worth reporting to your official support provider, then perhaps it would be patched.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Microsoft don't call them patches. It would be a "service pack". The spin's the thing!