Rgrding Config files usage in DS 8x PX

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srini.dw
Premium Member
Premium Member

Rgrding Config files usage in DS 8x PX

Post by srini.dw »

Hi,

I tried to run a job using a 2- node config file.
The job has an 2 input datsets being joined (INNER JOIN) to 1 teradata table and the output being sent to a teradata table (target). There are no records dropped in this process and data gets successfully loaded into the target DB table.

Note: The 2 input datasets are also created with the same 2-node config file.

But when i run the same using 4-node config file, the records get dropped in the joiner stage resulting into partial data getting into a the target DB table.

Note: The 2 input datasets are also created with the same 4-node config file.The join columns are hash partitioned and sorted before the joining occurs.

Please do let me know what can be done in this case.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Have you done any repartitioning of the data in any of the stages leading up to the join stage? Note that you might be doing implicit repartitioning; and some stages change the output sort order and that might affect a 4 node but not a 2 node hashing partitioning.
Last edited by ArndW on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jai_sahaj
Participant

Post by Jai_sahaj »

Check the sequence of fields for partitioning and sort on each input link to the join.
JP