Seqfile to XML

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinsashi
Participant

Seqfile to XML

Post by vinsashi »

Hi,
I have one seq file data like this
D:\etl\source\product.txt

pdid pdnm desc
100 100-ab hedroxide

I have to turn this data load into an xml file. I have taken seqfile to xmloutput. I given output filepath (D:\etl\taget\pd.xml) and format.
The job is running with out warning but xml file is not being created at particular path.

Please help me
Thanks
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Not sure what steps you have taken on the input link.....the Stage requires that you tell it something about the structure that you want.

For your simple example, try something like this (choose your own names for the node names --- I just made these up) example below. Put these strings on each line of the Input Link grid, into the "Description" property --- one for each of your three columns on the input link:

/AllProducts/Product/pdid/text()
/AllProducts/Product/pdnm/text()
/AllProducts/Product/desc/text()

Mark pdid as a "key" and choose "aggregation" on the output link as your option for generation. You should get a nice looking simple xml document produced.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
vinsashi
Participant

Post by vinsashi »

Now its working
Thanks a lot eostic
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please mark this thread as Resolved using the green button at top.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.