compilation of the job hanging

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

suneelchallagali
Participant

compilation of the job hanging

Post by suneelchallagali »

Hi,

when I am trying to compile the job which includes seq_file and transformer, the job is hanging. I mean staus of the job is compiling but never ending. I am able to compile and run the other job which doesn't include transformer stage.

I have installed visual studio 2005 and OS is Windows 2003 server Service Pack 2

thank you
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you configured the four compiler/linker-related environment variables correctly?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
suneelchallagali
Participant

Hey Ray,

In the documentation they mentioned that for visual studio 2005 professional not need to configure compilers in environment variable in administrator

here is the documentation link

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... s_cpp.html
suneelchallagali
Participant

Yes chulett i have installed visual studio 2005 first then i have install infosphere 8.1
suneelchallagali
Participant

Hey guys please Help me out i am unable to use the transformer stage in my jobs, when i am using it job gets hang when i am trying to complie it.

Actually i am facing this issue from past 20 days. The reason we dint inform to IBM support guys is during normal development phase we use AIX environment rather than Windows. But with my personal intrest i would like to know the solution for this..

Please Help Me out!!!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... in other words, you can't ask for official support because you don't have a license for DataStage on Windows? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
suneelchallagali
Participant

ahahah good one chulett but we got lisence...for infoserver 8.1. Just Guide to me solve this issue. :P

Thank you,
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Never used PX on Windows, so can't really other than to direct you to search for other posts on the topic. Have you verified that you can compile something outside of DataStage to try and isolate the issue?
-craig

suneelchallagali
Participant

ok chulett, I will test it and let you know
suneelchallagali
Participant

Hi Chulett I have Tested visual C++ working fine or not outside the datastage it is working fine. I have set complier environment with following values

APT_COMPLIEROPT:-W/TP -W/EHa -DAPT_USE_ANSI_IOSTREAMS -c -W/Zc:wchar_t-
APT_COMPILER:CXX
APT_LINKER:CXX
APT_LINKEROPT:-s -W/dll -W/base:0x50000000 -W/Zc:wchar_t-

Lib,Include,Path Values in system variable as follows:

Lib=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\lib;C:\IBM\SQLLIB\LIB
Include=C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\Include
Path=C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\DSComponents\bin;C:\PROGRA~2\MKSTOO~1\mksnt;C:\PROGRA~2\MKSTOO~1\bin64;C:\PROGRA~2\MKSTOO~1\bin;C:\PROGRA~2\MKSTOO~1\bin\X11;C:\PROGRA~2\MKSTOO~1\mksnt;C:\IBM\InformationServer\ASBNode\apps\jre\bin\classic;C:\IBM\InformationServer\ASBNode\lib\cpp;C:\IBM\InformationServer\ASBNode\apps\proxy\cpp\vc60\MT_dll\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\IBM\DB2\DB2COPY\DB22;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\include;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin;C:\IBM\InformationServer\Server\DSEngine;C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322;C:\Program Files (x86)\MKS Toolkit\etc\nutccg;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\lib;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\include

Please just take a look guide one step closer to solve this issue

thank you once again for your help!!!!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

When you did your tests, did you use the exact same compiler options that DataStage would? The ones you just posted, in other words?
-craig

suneelchallagali
Participant

chulett i have open visual studio 2005 command prompt and run c code on it.
suneelchallagali
Participant

chulett if what i did is wrong, please tell me how to process further little detail
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I have no idea what you mean by "run c code". The question is pretty simple - did you create and compile a small C program using the compiler options you posted?
-craig

suneelchallagali
Participant

chulett i have compile the C progam with cl test.c
then i have execute the command with filename.

so i need to set

Apt_complier: cl
Apt_linker: cl