/opt/IBM/db2inst1/sqllib/db2nodes.cfg error...

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kaps
Participant

/opt/IBM/db2inst1/sqllib/db2nodes.cfg error...

Post by kaps »

Hi

We are in the process of migrating from Server 7.5.2 to EE 7.5.3. We installed EE in our dev server. We are getting the following error when trying to use DB2 EE stage.
DB2_UDB_Enterprise_7: The file `/opt/IBM/db2inst1/sqllib/db2nodes.cfg' must exist and be readable by all users!
When I checked for this file it does not exist in that dir but it looks like to does exist in `/opt/IBM/db2inst1/sqllib/backup/' directory but even dsadm does not have access to this file.

Does this mean that it's not installed properly ?
If so how can I resolve this issue ?
Can I get access to the backup dir and copy the file to the dir mentioned in the error mressage ?

Appreciate your help...

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Do an exact search for "db2nodes.cfg" and see if any of them help at all. Many are marked Resolved so there should be something helpful out there.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kaps
Participant

Post by kaps »

Craig

I did read the forum before posting this question. This is the one I found useful out of many.
This is a run time error.

IBM gave a work around for this problem.

It appears that this is a bug and will perhaps be patched up in the future.
The work around is to create an EMPTY "db2nodes.cfg" files on the remote DB2 servers in the same directory location as it exists on the datastage server. The file need not contain anything, it can be EMPTY. Just touch the file.

This will resolve the errors, and the job continues execution.
In this it suggests to create thils file on database server. But I don't have it in datastage server in the first place.

Please shed some light...

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

-craig

kaps
Participant

Post by kaps »

Craig

I read that also. It's windows installation and ours is unix. Moreover it's not like it's not working after an upgrade or somethong. This is the first time we are trying to use this stage.

But I notice onething that APT_DB2INSTANCE_HOME was empty in Administrator so I set it to /opt/IBM/db2inst1/

But job failed still with the same error. As for my understanding that db2nodes.cfg will be in database server. Should it be there in Datastage server too ? I don't have one...

Another question is that this stage does not have any option where I can mention the database I am connecting to...

I am lost here...

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I've never used DB2 in my life, so just going by what is posted here. Setting that APT variable would be something you would do for Windows or UNIX, so I'd stick with it as long as it is correct.

Another post mentioned that it just needed to exist, so use 'touch' to create one where you set the APT variable and see what happens next.
-craig