NLS_LANG Not set

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

cherry
Participant

NLS_LANG Not set

Post by cherry »

Hi All,

My source stage is Oracle enterprise. When I try to view data iam getting the following message:

The NLS character map <windows-1252> is specified, but NLS_LANG is not set;
the NLS character map must be set to an ICU codepage which is equivalent to
the character set specified by NLS_LANG.

By default are the following options:

Category to set map for : NCHAR\NVARCHAR2
Map Name: windows-1252

Could some one please suggest the solution.

Best Regards
Cherry
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

NLS_LANG is an environment variable that Oracle uses at runtime. This, along with ORACLE_SID and ORACLE_HOME should be set (either directly or through oracle script calls) in your dsenv script file. If it is missing then you need to correct that.

The NLS_LANG setting should be determined by your Oracle database settings, not those of DataStage. Talk to your Oracle DBA in order to find out the correct setting. An example, taken from my current machine, would look like "NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1"
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

On Windows NLS_LANG needs to be set, with other environment variables, via Control Panel on the server. Windows implementation of DataStage does not use a dsenv script.

Apart from that, what Arnd advised is correct.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.