Mysql in parallel edition

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pavan31081980
Participant

Mysql in parallel edition

Post by pavan31081980 »

hi

Which stage do we use to access MYSQL database in datastage parallel edition(7.5)?.
Also are there any restrictions in using MYSQL database in datastage?Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Pavan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

ODBC Enterprise stage. The only restrictions are the usual ones - you have to use the correct ODBC quote character (which the stage can retrieve for you at design time) and you must conform to ODBC standards, for example limits on table and column name lengths. The latter can be resolved with aliases if necessary.

Obviously another "restriction" is that the ODBC data source name (DSN) must have been set up and configured.

(From version 8 prefer the ODBC Connector.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pavan31081980
Participant

Post by pavan31081980 »

Thanks ray.

If we use MYSQL in datastage server edition then can i use the ODBC Enterprise stage ?Also can you please give me some more information on correct ODBC character?It would be great if you give me a small example.Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Pavan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is a button in the server ODBC stage on the Stage properties tab, captioned "Get SQL quote character" or something similar. Clicking this button is all you need to do to load the quote character in the server ODBC stage.

Make a note of that character and populate the Quote Character property, or use that quote character in derivations or user-defined SQL, in the ODBC Enterprise stage or ODBC Connector in parallel jobs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pavan31081980
Participant

Post by pavan31081980 »

Thanks much ray