Multiple Invocations fail but Calling Sequence Succeeds

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gagan8877
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gagan8877 »

Hi Gurus

Sequence1 calls Seq2, which in turn starts a SeqMain via a routine (DSRunJob) activity inside a loop activity. SeqMain in turn starts the actual job invocation. Multiple invocations start in parallel all with different parameters. Then Seq3 starts a routine (DSWaitForJob) in a loop for each running invocation. Lets imagine there are 5 instances running at one time. If all five fail calling sequence Seq1 also fails but if only one invocation lets say #2 fails Seq 1 succeeds and the job continues. We want to stop and not go further if this happens. Log warnings for Activities that finish with status other than OK is checked in all sequences. I tried a terminator inside the SeqMain, but doesn't work. Seems like only the status of the last finishing job invocation matters. Also tried Automatically Activities that fail - doesnt work either. How can I achieve this?

Thanks
Gary
gagan8877
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by gagan8877 »

Any ideas, feedback will be much appreciated.
Gary
"A journey of a thousand miles, begins with one step"
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Warnings is not the same as failure (you can research this statement on DSXchange).

You will need Success and Otherwise triggers on the five activities leading to an Any sequencer then on through a stream of activities that ends with a Terminator to shut things down.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DS_FocusGroup
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DS_FocusGroup »

in the property tab of each sequence check the following three.

Add checkpoints.., automatically handle....log warnings.......