XML Validation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shukla_krishna
Premium Member
Premium Member

XML Validation

Post by shukla_krishna »

Hi,
I am trying to Validate a XML file with the XSD through XMLINPUT Stage.

Mentioned the path of the XSD file in the XML file,
Given the reject link to capture the error message,
Mentioned as 'reject' for all types of validation errors,
Still I am unable to capture the error in reject , Job is getting aborted with 'SIGILL' Error when ran with invalid XML file..
But working fine with the Valid XML..

Guide me how to capture the error messages for all invalid XML files.

Regards,
Krishna.
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

"could" be a support issue..there were numerous issues with validation. Check with your support provider....and search thru here -- the subject has come up before. Someone else may have confirmed various symptoms as having patches.

In the meantime, what kinds of invalid are you looking for?

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
shukla_krishna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by shukla_krishna »

eostic wrote:"could" be a support issue..there were numerous issues with validation. Check with your support provider....and search thru here -- the subject has come up before. Someone else may have confirmed various symptoms as having patches.

In the meantime, what kinds of invalid are you looking for?

Ernie
Thanks for the promt reply,

I am trying to check wether the XML has
correct tags,
correct Datatypes,
required fields has values,
enumeration etc..
Krishna Shukla
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Ok....then you should be ok, but there may be some fix/patch issues to consider (again...suggest that you search thru the forum here and also call your support provider).

Also --- try it in a Server Job to see if there are any differences...there were situations in the past where it worked in one job type and not the other....

If it works there you may have a solution or at least can work on your strategy while researching the other.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
shukla_krishna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by shukla_krishna »

eostic wrote:Ok....then you should be ok, but there may be some fix/patch issues to consider (again...suggest that you search thru the forum here and also call your support provider).

Also --- try it in a Server Job to see if there are any differences...there were situations in the past where it worked in one job type and not the other....

If it works there you may have a solution or at least can work on your strategy while researching the other.

Ernie
I tried with Server Job as well .. But no use.
Is there any way to validate XML other then XMLTransformer and XML Input stage.Mean while I will contact support team for this issue.

Regards,
Krishna
shukla_krishna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Does any one have patch no for this fix

Post by shukla_krishna »

Does any one have patch no for this fix
shukla_krishna wrote:
eostic wrote:Ok....then you should be ok, but there may be some fix/patch issues to consider (again...suggest that you search thru the forum here and also call your support provider).

Ernie
I tried with Server Job as well .. But no use.
Is there any way to validate XML other then XMLTransformer and XML Input stage.Mean while I will contact support team for this issue.

Regards,
Krishna
Krishna Shukla
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Your support provider?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers