APT_Decimal::operator=: warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsdevlr
Charter Member
Charter Member

APT_Decimal::operator=: warning

Post by dsdevlr »

I seached the forum for this warning but didn't find what I am looking for.

I am moving a filed RSLT_TXT varchar(255) nullable from source table to the filed RSLT_TXT varchar(255) nullable in the target table.

Job is throwing the following warning

Rslt_Trn,0: Numeric string expected of the appropriate decimal precision for input column 'RSLT_TXT'. Use default value.
Rslt_Trn,0: APT_Decimal::operator=: the source decimal has even precision, but non-zero in the leading nybble, or is too large for the destination decimal.

Data contains strings, numeric and decimal values.

I am not able to fix this problem..pl help..
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What exactly did you search for? An exact search for "non-zero in the leading nybble" found 11 other matches, none of them helped at all?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
dsdevlr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by dsdevlr »

Yes, Craig,

None of them are helpfull for me. I am just trying to move a filed from source to target no calculations, no transformations. It's a varchar with width 255 on both ends wondering why this warning is coming. none of the vaslues in the source filed are greater than 200 in length.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That's... odd, so no clue why it thinks you've got a decimal on the target end? When I've seen unexplainable things like this, I generally delete the stage in question from the job and set it up again from scratch and that typically resolves the issue.

Worth a shot here.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers