datastage lookup stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

suresh_dsx
Participant

datastage lookup stage

Post by suresh_dsx »

Hi,

Job details: I have input file which is having 50,000 records and joining with 3 files(file1,file2,file3)based on single key.
The output file contain 45,000 records and the reject link contains the 5,000 records.

As per the process, I should get the 50,000 records but 5,000 records are rejected. Now I want to find out which file (file1,file2,file3) data is not matching with the source.

File1 file2 file3
V V V
input_file --------> lookup_stage ------------> output/file
V
Rejects

Now I am following this approach which is having less number of rejected records(<=10).

Head on the rejected file  taking each key column value and searching in the file1,2,3. I can easily find in this process.

When I have large amount of rejects, it is very difficult for me to identify which file having the rejects.

Please suggest me which is the best way to find on this senario.
cherry
Participant

Post by cherry »

Hi

Add a new field say ERROR to all the three files and assign a default value to identify file name and pull them to reject file link.

Regards
Cherry
Kryt0n
Participant

Post by Kryt0n »

Use 3 lookup stages or don't reject and check relevant fields in subsequent stage