Unable to change the job create by another user.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

AmeyJoshi14
Participant

Unable to change the job create by another user.

Post by AmeyJoshi14 »

Hi All,

In our project we are facing some strange problem.
The job DS_JOB_user01 has been created by user01, this job is running fine; now there is change request from the bussiness side due to this we have to add few columns in the DS_JOB_user01
Another user user02 has changed the job but user is unable to save any changes, following is the error message: :x

Code: Select all

Unable to write to RT_* files
I guess there is permission issue!! :shock: So we changed the permission of the all the RT_* files (for the specific job), then the user02 was able to complied and run the job. :)

So while developing a job by particular user is there any way where in user(owner) of the job can assign the write permission to all the user? :?

Thanks in Advance!!
http://findingjobsindatastage.blogspot.com/
Theory is when you know all and nothing works. Practice is when all works and nobody knows why. In this case we have put together theory and practice: nothing works. and nobody knows why! (Albert Einstein)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I reckon the users have not got their umask set to 002 or, perhaps, that they're not members of the same group.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, because the problem may be something else, such as some clown actually changing the permissions and getting it wrong.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.