Unlock jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RAI ROUSES
Participant

Unlock jobs

Post by RAI ROUSES »

Hi,
We are working with datastage version 8 in a sun machine. We have several job sever running and same parallel jobs. We have same problems of connections with the server that cause the lock of the job s.

What is the best way to unlock it ?

In version 7 we do it in director, now for server and parallel jobs we can do the same ?
Or we should unlock it in the web page of information server ?

merci
8) Rai 8)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Unlock it in Director (Cleanup Resources) if it's there, otherwise unlock it by disconnecting the Information Server session using Web Console for Information Server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
RAI ROUSES
Participant

Post by RAI ROUSES »

Hi,
I can't do in the Director, because the option Cleanup Resources is not active in the projects.

If i disconnect the Information Server session using Web Console for
Information Server, i will disconnect all sessions, correct ?

And i only want to unlock same jobs from same sessions.
How it's possible to do that ?

merci
8) Rai 8)
vinsashi
Participant

Post by vinsashi »

Hi,
In Datastage Administrator select project and click on properties under general tab you will get Enable job administration in Director.If you enable that you will get Cleanup resources active in Director.(after enable close once director and open)

Thanks
vin..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

RAI ROUSES wrote:If i disconnect the Information Server session using Web Console for Information Server, i will disconnect all sessions, correct ?
Not correct. You can identify the particular session. The easiest way it to try to open the locked job, and you will learn the id of the session that owns the lock. Find this session in the active sessions window and disconnect just that session.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.