Copy Environmental Variables -User defined + Parallel Option

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sridharvis
Premium Member
Premium Member

Copy Environmental Variables -User defined + Parallel Option

Post by sridharvis »

I have around 50 odd user defined variable in DEV1 project and i need to copy the same to the other project DEV2 available in the same Host system.

I would also require the "Parallel options" specified in Administrator of DEV1 be available in DEV2, Is it possible as typing it is a tedious work.

please help me out !!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

For the environment variables copy the relevant lines from DSParams from one project to the other (remembering that there are two sections for environment variables - definitions and default values).

I'm not sure where the Parallel options are stored in a version 7 project, and don't have one in which I could check.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Those "Parallel options" are so small in number (and usually defaulted) that I don't see an issue with having both windows up and doing a visual check / manual syncing of the two.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I recommend you use a file merge tool like free one at www.winmerge.org. Transfer both files to your PC - migrate changes from the first file to the second and transfer the second file back to your DataStage server. This helps you identify new rows in file 1 to be migrated and custom changes in file 2 that you might not want to overwrite or lose.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »