Unable to see logs for the job in datastage director

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

suneelchallagali
Participant

Unable to see logs for the job in datastage director

Post by suneelchallagali »

Hi,

I have installed 8.1 infoserver on windows machine but unable to view the logs from the datastage director please help me out
suneelchallagali
Participant

Can any help me out with this issue.........which i mention above
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

First piece of advice is to learn patience. If you need a response in less than one hour, sign up with your support provider for priority service and learn how much "urgent" actually costs. Note that for severity 1 problems (site down) IBM only promises two hour turn around to first response - though they often do better than that for severity 1 problems.

DSXchange is an all-volunteer site whose members post when (and if) they can. It is not intended as a substitute for official support or for proper training (though some training may be had through the DSXchange Learning Center (qv))

If your logs are being directed to the unified metadata repository (which is the default) then you need to view them using the logging option under the Administration tab in the Web Console for Information Server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
suneelchallagali
Participant

Thanks for ur help....but how do i see job logs in director
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You don't, unless the logs are directed to the local DataStage repository. Currently your logs are being directed to the unified metadata respository (sometimes called XMETA). To have your logs directed to the local DataStage respository you need to edit the DSParams file in the project, and toggle the values of RTLogging and ORLogging.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DSXchange is not a mobile phone - there is no need to use SMS-style abbreviations. We strive for a professional standard of written English on DSXchange, to make life easier for those whose first language is not English. In particular, the second person personal pronoun is spelled "your", not "ur". Ur is (was) the name of a city in ancient Babylon.
suneelchallagali
Participant

Ray I dint mean that sorry. !!!! Thanks for your help once again
suneelchallagali
Participant

How to direct my logs to director
vinnz
Participant

Post by vinnz »

pjsimon20
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pjsimon20 »

Hi Ray,
Are you saying that if the logs are directed to XMETA it is not visible in the director?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

ray.wurlod wrote:If your logs are being directed to the unified metadata repository (which is the default) then you need to view them using the logging option under the Administration tab in the Web Console for Information Server.
In other words - yes. One place or the other, so one tool or the other.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
suneelchallagali
Participant

Actually i am able to see the logs for the jobs from the director but the problem is i am unable to monitor the job. i mean i am unable to find out how many rows are processed per second
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Time to mark this one as Resolved then and start yourself a new post for your 'new' problem.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
suneelchallagali
Participant

Hi chulett,

thanks for your concern, but issue has ben solved but still problem is existing. please help me out this one. so that i can closed this issue happly
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's because the viewing of logs issue has been resolved that we want you to forget this thread and open a new one for your Monitor issue, which has a different solution.