need info

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dheerajatreya
Premium Member
Premium Member

need info

Post by dheerajatreya »

I just want to know how to connect to datastage in unix environment. I wud like to know any , all commands that we use to login.
Thanks
DeepakShah
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

May I recommend that you take the IBM training class "DataStage Essentials" at an early opportunity?

You don't login to DataStage from the UNIX environment - you login from one of the DataStage clients in a Windows environment.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
GJ_Stage
Participant

Post by GJ_Stage »

You can login thru unix using the same id and pwd used to login thru Datastage Client. In unix box , you can see the logs details about the ds jobs.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

GJ_Stage wrote:You can login thru unix using the same id and pwd used to login thru Datastage Client. In unix box , you can see the logs details about the ds jobs.
Not true for v8 onwards.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

... unless you set ORLogging. However, I am assuming that the original question related to doing design work on the UNIX machine.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.