Path for dsdesign on client machine

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pillip
Premium Member
Premium Member

Path for dsdesign on client machine

Post by pillip »

Hi,
Could someone tell me the path for dsdesign on the client machine.IBM Information Server is installed on solaris system and some windows clients. Could you please let me know the path for the dsdesign command execution on the client machine. Im unable to find dsdesign on client. This dsdesign command is used for creating HTML reports of jobs from client machine.

Thanks,
Prasanna
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

C:\IBM\InformationServer\Clients\Classic\DSDesign.exe is the default location.

If you have chosen to install the clients in a different folder, you will need to adjust the pathname. Use Windows Explorer search facility to find the executable.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
pillip
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pillip »

ray.wurlod wrote:C:\IBM\InformationServer\Clients\Classic\DSDesign.exe is the default location.

If you have chosen to install the clients in a different folder, you will need to adjust the pathname. Use Windows Ex ...
Hi,

Thanks for the information. I have found dsdesign in the default location. When i run this exe, the designer opens up. Can you please give me the syntax for dsdesign from this path, to generate a html report for the job.

Thanks.
pillip
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pillip »

Hi,
I have used the following syntax for dsdesign and executed the same from the location C:\IBM\InformationServer\Clients\Classic

dsdesign.exe /H=<hostname> /U=<user> /P=<password> /R /RP="C:\Documents and Settings\Alice\My Documents\Job_Reports" <project> <job>

The command executes successfully , But the job report does not get created. Could you please look into why the job report does not get created. Did anyone test the creation of html report in Datastage 8. Am I using the correct syntax?

Thanks
pillip wrote:
ray.wurlod wrote:C:\IBM\InformationServer\Clients\Classic\DSDesign.exe is the default location.

If you have chosen to install the clients in a different folder, you will need to adjust the pathname. Use Windows Ex ...
Hi,

Thanks for the information. I have found dsdesign in the default location. When i run this exe, the designer opens up. Can you please give me the syntax for dsdesign from this path, to generate a html report for the job.

Thanks.
pillip
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pillip »

Hi Ray,
Could you please help.

Thanks,
Prasanna
pillip wrote:Hi,
I have used the following syntax for dsdesign and executed the same from the location C:\IBM\InformationServer\Clients\Classic

dsdesign.exe /H=<hostname> /U=<user> /P=<password> /R /RP="C:\Documents and Settings\Alice\My Documents\Job_Reports" <project> <job>

The command executes successfully , But the job report does not get created. Could you please look into why the job report does not get created. Did anyone test the creation of html report in Datastage 8. Am I using the correct syntax?

Thanks
pillip wrote:

Hi,

Thanks.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You have to say his name three times to make him appear.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The report and bitmap options do not cause the Designer to open.

Learn patience. You post during my sleep hours and expect me to reply? Dream on.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I've been trying to make this work. Got the credentials part down as the errors have stopped and if I leave off /R /RP it opens the Designer for the job I've specified. HOWEVER, adding the /R and /RP gets me... nothing. I suspect a patch may be required. :?

ps. This is 8.1 on Linux.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Does the /SAVE_AS_BITMAP option work for you?
pillip
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pillip »

ray.wurlod wrote:Does the /SAVE_AS_BITMAP option work for you? ...
Hi,

The option /SAVE_AS_BITMAP opens up the designer.

Please help

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Again, it shouldn't. It doesn't for me (8.0.1 on Windows).