Querying DS Metadata

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

santosh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Querying DS Metadata

Post by santosh »

I have to scan number of DWH datastage jobs where perticular table is used. There are complex user defined sqls as source extraction with lots of joins where this table may have been used. Is there a way to query datastage metadata to narrow the jobs list.
regards,
Santosh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes.

Do you have Metadata Workbench in your mix of products? (Probably not because you're on version 8.0.)

There are myriad examples posted on DSXchange of getting design information out of the DataStage repository. Why not Search for them?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
santosh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Querying DS Metadata

Post by santosh »

All my search resulted in DS 7.5 related repository query. I understand that DS 8.0 repository is installed on SQL Server in our case. Is there any way to query these tables or can you point me to some responses in dsxchange
regards,
Santosh
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Those tables are well and truly obfuscated. Search here for DS_JOBOBJECTS for some queries that may help. Worst case, you could export the project source and use a text editor to find what you need.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers