ODBC Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sekaran12
Participant

ODBC Stage

Post by sekaran12 »

Hi All,

I am using ODBC stage as load,my target database is DB2.I need commit each 5000 rows.colud you tell me where i can set this option.

Thanks,
Raj
Raj
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is this an interview question?

Why would you be using an ODBC stage to populate a DB2 table? Why not a DB2 stage of some kind?

Do you mean ODBC Enterprise stage or some other ODBC stage type?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sekaran12
Participant

Post by sekaran12 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Is this an interview question?

Why would you be using an ODBC stage to populate a DB2 table? Why not a DB2 stage of some kind?

Do you mean ODBC Enterprise stage or some other ODBC stag ...
Hi Ray,

I need to know how many rows get inserted or updated in a target table , I think ODBC stage providing this info in the log. This is very much useful for me to generating stats report. Because of this , i am using ODBC Enterprise stage. In target ODBC stage i am using Upsert Mode =Insert then update and Write Method = Upsert.

There is problem when Volume of data is more, it took nearly 3 hours for 17 million rows to load. here commit happens on each row.

Please help me how to improve the performance in ODBC EE stage.

Thanks,
Raj
Raj
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No stage can report how many were actually inserted/updated. They can only report how many they sent. You can also get a count of rejects (which the Oracle Enterprise stage can do).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You don't need a stage to tell you that, the job can. Use DSGetLinkInfo() to capture the number of records sent to the stage. And you'll need to upgrade to 8.x to have any control over the Transaction Level AFAIK.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Sreedhar
Participant

Post by Sreedhar »

Hi,

So we can use either ODBC Stage or an Oracle Enterprise stage to load data into an Oracle Table.

Do we have any advantage of using ODBC Stage over Oracle Enterprise Stage while loading the data. Is that a good Idea to go with ODBC?

Regards,
Regards,
Shree
785-816-0728