problem with FTP stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dodda
Premium Member
Premium Member

problem with FTP stage

Post by dodda »

Hi All,

I need some help regarding the FTP stage.
I'm having a job with FTP stage used to retrive file from another server. While running the job i'm getting the Fatal errors.
And in the properties i set Unix style Termination for Line termination property

Test_SAPFIAdjDocFct..Seq_SAP_FI_Documents.IDENT1: Internal error: function 'utf_to_row()' failed

Test_SAPFIAdjDocFct..Seq_SAP_FI_Documents.IDENT1: End of row termination characters expected.

Could you please let me know what i'm missing.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Need more information. Since the FTP stage is metadata driven, you need to ensure what's defined in the stage matches the file it is attempting to source and it sounds like there's a mismatch.

Where are you sourcing the file from? What does the file look like?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
hsahay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hsahay »

I encountered the same problem in one of my jobs and this is how i resolved it....

I have a fixed record length text file. This file needs to be FTP'd from from one server to the other.

The first 9 characters are ID and the next 24 characters are dummy data to be ignored.

In my job i was using the FTP stage and a sequential file stage. In both the stages the only columns i defined was the first ID column of varchar 9 length.

Job was running fine in DS 7.5 but after upgrading to 8.1 started giving the utf_to_row error and talking about line termination character missing yedda yedda yedda...

To fix it, i modified the FTP stage and defined both the columns - ID varchar9 and dummy varchar 24. Then i put a transformer stage to write only the ID column into the sequential file.

Apparently 8.1 DS does not like it when you read only half the line ...
vishal