How to handle reject in Join

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srai
Participant

How to handle reject in Join

Post by srai »

Hi,

I have join two tables based on id columns using JOIN stage.

There are some reject means after joining two table some records are not satisfying the joining criteria . I would like to capture those records.
Any tips how to handle the rejects after joining?
tehavele
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tehavele »

Use Transformer stage after join stage. Capture reject rows using Null handling function IsNull.
Tejas
satish.raghavan
Participant

Post by satish.raghavan »

Data's rejected in join stage cannot pass through the transformer after the join stage for the records which have been rejected initially.
If you are comparing two tables then you can use the Lookup stage for capturing the rejected records else try to capture the NULL records using the transformer before the join stage.
Thanks & regards

Satish R
syeed
Participant

Post by syeed »

if you are dealing with huge amount of data then use Merge Stage to capture the unmatching records.

Thanks,
Waseem.
Syed
---------
Wait and Watch
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's no such thing as rejects from a join - there's only the result of the join. It's the same in DataStage as it is in SQL.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Kryt0n
Participant

Post by Kryt0n »

What you are looking for is an outer join... left/right/full depending on which side you are interested in finding these "rejects", then in subsequent stage identify those where left/right data is missing

or alternatively use the lookup with a fail condition to a new link