main_program: Fatal Error: Not a v1.1 type: decimal[10,0]

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dspradeep
Participant

Post by dspradeep »

I am getting this error while running my job.

My Job Design is

ESS-->xml-->trans--> Oraclestage

Oracle stage field info
id --> Number(8)
name--> varchar(50)

while import this table it's coming like

id --> decimal(38,10)
name-->varchar(50)

Note : I did not change the metadata and this job is designed last week and upto yesterday it's working fine but today i am getting this error

Code: Select all

i don't know why i am getting this error. I have tried with yesterday file also but i am getting same error. After that i have changed decimal datatype into integer but again i am getting same error.

pls help me
venky
Participant

Post by venky »

change APT_AUTO_TRANSPORT_BLOCK_SIZE to false and try to run the job
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: main_program: Fatal Error: Not a v1.1 type: decimal[10,0

Post by chulett »

dspradeep wrote:Note : I did not change the metadata and this job is designed last week and upto yesterday it's working fine but today i am getting this error
What changed between then and now? The job? The Oracle table? Something obviously did, the problem is going to be figuring out what. I would suspect the latter.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

venky wrote:change APT_AUTO_TRANSPORT_BLOCK_SIZE to false and try to run the job
Why do you give this advice? Transport blocks only apply to fixed-width records, and is given in bytes. In most cases it's calculated using a formula that involves APT_MIN_TRANSPORT_BLOCK_SIZE, APT_MAX_TRANSPORT_BLOCK_SIZE as well as record size and latency.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.