Scheduled Jobs showing as 'Not Scheduled'

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nicole
Premium Member
Premium Member

Scheduled Jobs showing as 'Not Scheduled'

Post by Nicole »

I scheduled a job using the director - yet it still says 'not scheduled'

This is an issue for a few reasons, obviously - if I want to reschedule - I can't - I can schedule it for the time I want - but it will still run at the other time and because it says it is not scheduled - I can't cancel the original time scheduled.

Has anyone seen this issue?

Thanks,

Nicole
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Schedules in 'cron' or 'at' are by user, are you sure you are checking when logged in as the same user that scheduled it originally?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Nicole
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nicole »

I always login with the same userid and I would think that as soon as I schedule it in the director - then it would say 'scheduled' (or whatever it says) - but it still just says 'not scheduled'...waiting to see what my DS admin says about this.
chulett wrote:Schedules in 'cron' or 'at' are by user, are you sure you are checking when logged in as the same user that scheduled it originally? ...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Can you go down to the O/S and see what a "crontab -l" shows for your user? Assuming this is a recurring schedule, that is...
-craig

Nicole
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nicole »

What is the command for jobs just executing once? I will eventually want to schedule daily but for now I was testing with just one run.
chulett wrote:Can you go down to the O/S and see what a "crontab -l" shows for your user? Assuming this is a recurring schedule, that is... ...
Nicole
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nicole »

I think it is at -l?

I believe I am seeing the jobs I scheduled when I type this -
chulett wrote:Can you go down to the O/S and see what a "crontab -l" shows for your user? Assuming this is a recurring schedule, that is... ...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You would check in 'at' for a one-time schedule and 'cron' for recurring schedules. If you see it there but not in Director, I would suspect a bug. :?
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Version 8 uses the Information Server scheduling service. There may be a bug (especially in version 8.0 or 8.0.1) in which the Director client does not correctly report scheduled jobs. Use the Scheduling facility in the Web console for Information Server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So, is this service completely separate from cron/at/etc now? Or is it yet another interlude to them?
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Separate, I believe.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.