Lkp_1,0: Operator terminated abnormally: received signal SIG

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Thanh Dalton
Premium Member
Premium Member

Lkp_1,0: Operator terminated abnormally: received signal SIG

Post by Thanh Dalton »

Hello,

a lookup works fine. But as soon as a condition (the range) is added to the lookup stage, got the error at run time:
Lkp_1,0: Operator terminated abnormally: received signal SIGBUS.

Condition:
Key Expression: Range (DSLink2.lower, ">=", DSLink2.upper, "<=", 0)
Key Type: a..z
Column Name: INITIAL_ENTRY_DATE (all I want to show here it's a DATE).

Any help is highly appreciated.
TPQ
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What version do you have? I vaguely recall issues with the Range Lookup that may require a patch from your official support provider. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Thanh Dalton
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Thanh Dalton »

chulett wrote:What version do you have? I vaguely recall issues with the Range Lookup that may require a patch from your official support provider. :?

chulett,

IBM Infromation Server 8.1.

Thanks a lot.
algfr
Participant

Post by algfr »

Hmm

Don't know much how to help but here are my two cents...

The range function should be done this way (checking one code + 1 date against list of codes and values interval such as dates for instance)

1) On the code : Set "=" and join with the code

On the start/end values, set "a..z" and join you value to check on the main stream to both bounds and check the range box (the zone will become red meaning you must insert an expression).

2) In the range expression use the following

Either :
value_to_check >= start_value AND value to check < end_value

OR

value_to_check > start_value AND value to check <= end_value

This is VERY important as intrervals must not overlap, I already had issues before.

3) When combining a range lookup (start/end) and a regular lookup, you must set "Multiple values returning".
Thanh Dalton
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Thanh Dalton »

Thanks, algfr. I'll check the job according to your advice after completing this writing.

I forgot to mention that the exact same job works fine in Windows server. But it doesn't work on Unix (Solaris 10).
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

All the more reason to check for a patch, IMHO - which the Linux version (I'm finding) has more than its fair share of. :wink:
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you compile/run jobs with Transformer stages?

Range lookups are rewritten as transform operators (that is, as Transformer stages) and therefore have the same compiler and linker requirements as Transformer stages.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Interesting, was not aware of that little tidbit. :wink:
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You (everyone) should review the score more often, especially when new functionality creeps in. It can be quite revealing!
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Thanh Dalton
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Thanh Dalton »

ray.wurlod wrote:Can you compile/run jobs with Transformer stages?

Range lookups are rewritten as transform operators (that is, as Transformer stages) and therefore have the same compiler and linker requirements as Transformer stages.
Hi Rayand others,

Thank you for your help.

Sorry for the late reply. I was off for a few days and just came back.

Yes, I can compile and run a Transformer stage. In fact, the same lookup wothout the range (condition) works fine. But as soon as the range is included, the error appears at run time.
Thanh Dalton
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Thanh Dalton »

chulett wrote:All the more reason to check for a patch, IMHO - which the Linux version (I'm finding) has more than its fair share of. :wink:

chulett,

Thank you. I couldn't find any patch relating to "parellel range lookup" for V8.1. What I found is for V8.0 at the following link.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocente ... 01fp2.html.

Maybe this is what you mentioned?

My version is 8.1.0.0. I just found there is a Version 8.1 Critical Patch, which I haven't installed yet. But this patch doesn't mention anything about range lookup or SIGBUS error.
Kryt0n
Participant

Post by Kryt0n »

chulett wrote:I vaguely recall issues with the Range Lookup that may require a patch from your official support provider. :? ...
I'm with Craig here... in particular, the vague bit...

We had the same problem a few months ago... think the final response from support was that our version of the C++ compiler was unsupported but as we jumped ship on to a new server that worked fine, we never pursued further.