Unable to connect to DataStage Designer - version 8.1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dspxguy
Participant

Unable to connect to DataStage Designer - version 8.1

Post by dspxguy »

Hi,

I am unable to connect to DataStage Client component.
Here is the error message I get when i click the Project list down option from Designer.

Code: Select all

Failed to authenticate the current user against the selected Domain
CORBA MARSHAL 0x4942f89a No; nested exception is: 
	org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: 

Trace from server: 1198777258 at host nile >>
org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Unable to read value from underlying bridge : initial and forwarded IOR inaccessible:
Forwarded IOR failed with: java.net.SocketException: Connection timed out:could be due to invalid address:host=10.191.131.60,port=1239
Initial IOR failed with: java.net.SocketException: Connection timed out:could be due to invalid address:host=10.191.131.60,port=1239  vmcid: IBM  minor code: 89A  completed: No
	at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.CDRInputStream.read_value(CDRInputStream.java(Compiled Code))
	at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.server._EJSRemoteStatelessAuthenticationService_e0d03809_Tie.login(_EJSRemoteStatelessAuthenticationService_e0d03809_Tie.java(Compiled Code))
	at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.server._EJSRemoteStatelessAuthenticationService_e0d03809_Tie._invoke(_EJSRemoteStatelessAuthenticationService_e0d03809_Tie.java(Compiled Code))
	at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ServerDelegate.dispatchInvokeHandler(ServerDelegate.java(Compiled Code))
	at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ServerDelegate.dispatch(ServerDelegate.java(Compiled Code))
	at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.ORB.process(ORB.java(Compiled Code))
	at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ORB.process(ORB.java(Compiled Code))
	at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.Connection.respondTo(Connection.java(Compiled Code))
	at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.Connection.doWork(Connection.java(Compiled Code))
	at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.WorkUnitImpl.doWork(WorkUnitImpl.java(Compiled Code))
	at com.ibm.ejs.oa.pool.PooledThread.run(ThreadPool.java(Compiled Code))
	at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java(Compiled Code))
<<  END server: 1198777258 at host nile

vmcid: IBM  minor code: 89A  completed: No
I am able to connect to the IBM Information Server web console with my id.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue.
Thanks
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What port are you using for the connection and can you ping 10.191.131.60 from your PC?
dspxguy
Participant

Post by dspxguy »

I was using the default port 9080, not sure why it was pointing to 10.191.131.60, that was not even the host I was trying to connect.

Issue was resolved after I un-installed the Client and removed all installation directories, e.g. deleted the InstallShield registry directory,
deleted the temporary log files for the installation and deleted the Start menu shortcuts.

After re-installing the client , issue was resolved.