Conversion error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

naidu
Participant

Conversion error

Post by naidu »

Hi all
I am trying to run all the jobs in 8.1 version which are developed in 7.5 version and i am getting this warning message and when i run the same job in 7.5 i am not getting any messages so can any one help out how to get rid of this warning

TRN_Map2,0: Conversion error calling conversion routine date_from_string data may have been lost
Thanks
Naidu
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As noted many times here, 8.x does more stringent checking on things like this. Post your data and syntax, you'll need to correct it to avoid that warning.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
naidu
Participant

Post by naidu »

chulett wrote:As noted many times here, 8.x does more stringent checking on things like this. Post your data and syntax, you'll need to correct it to avoid that warning. ...
what do you mean by data and syntax
i am CFF stage as source and generating 23 Sequential files so please tell me what data you want.
Thanks
Naidu
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Then details if you like. Are you doing an explicit DateFromString() call in a transformer? Converting one type to the other in a Modify stage? That's about all the guessing I'm prepared to do.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The message may simply be caused by your string being defined longer that absolutely necessary to store a date of the format specified in your job. But, without the details we've already requested, it's impossible to say.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.