sybase oc special characters

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The view data stage rarely gets multibyte or non LATIN-1 characters displayed correctly and shouldn't be used to see if NLS is working as expected. In your case the PEEK result is strange as the e-acute shouldn't get converted to 3 characters. What is your job's default NLS setting and if you write to a sequential file instead of to the PEEK stage what gets written to the file instead of the e-acute?
bart12872
Participant

Post by bart12872 »

ArndW wrote:The view data stage rarely gets multibyte or non LATIN-1 characters displayed correctly and shouldn't be used to see if NLS is working as expected. In your case the PEEK result is strange as the e-acute shouldn't get converted to 3 characters. What is your job's default NLS setting and if you write to a sequential file instead of to the PEEK stage what gets written to the file instead of the e-acute?
Thanks for your response.

effectivly, when I write in a sequential file, the e-acute is correct. So, in fact, there's no problem. :D

I notice that the peek don't get multibyte or non LATIN-1 characters displayed correctly as the viewdata

Martin.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Good news there. I assumed that PEEK would work with multibyte data, and now have learned not to trust that stage completely, either. I prefer text files anyway, as the contents are easy to manipulate and view in hex or other modes.