Conversion warning message

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

naidu
Participant

Conversion warning message

Post by naidu »

Hi all
I am getting this warning message and i don't know about "dfloat" can any one help me to remove this warning message. I have migrated this job from 7.5 version to 8.1 version it works fine in 7.5 version no warning messages but in 8.5 it shows the warning message.
Below is the warning message:
Aggregate_Count_of_Extracted: When checking operator: When binding output interface field "TER_CNT" to field "TER_CNT": Implicit conversion from source type "dfloat" to result type "int32": Possible range/precision limitation.
Thanks
Naidu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

All calculation inside the Aggregator stage are performed as dfloat. Your design specifies an output column as integer data type. This generates the alert messages, because not all dfloat numbers can be stored as integer. Use the DecimalOutput property or Preserve Data Type property to avoid this alert.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
naidu
Participant

Post by naidu »

ray.wurlod wrote:All calculation inside the Aggregator stage are performed as dfloat. Your design specifies an output column as integer data type. This generates the alert messages, because not all dfloat numbers ca ...
Thanks for your reply and what should i do to remove this warning
Thanks
Naidu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Get a premium membership so that you can read the entirety of my post.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.