DataStage job stuck up in running condition

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ketanshah123
Participant

DataStage job stuck up in running condition

Post by ketanshah123 »

HI

My job design is like

oracle ent. stage ----> transformer------> seq file stage

ususally this job fetches 5000000 rows from orace tables and write it to seq. file and take 2 hours to run but today it stuck up after fetching around 20000000 and stuck up in running condition neither giving any error nor aborting since last 6 hours. Twice I have tried to stop and run it again but again the same issue

last message in log is : main_program: Starting step execution.

any suggestion what to do for this...

Thanx in Advance
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Since sequential files tend not to be the blocking factor, I would start by looking into the Oracle conection. I would talk to the DBA and use Oracle tools to monitor the query and it's progress, as it is likely that Oracle is causing the issue here.
ketanshah123
Participant

Post by ketanshah123 »

Thanx for your reply ..

I am having discussion with DBA they are also analysing the issue. This job never failed in last 2 years this is 1st time we are facing this issue only clue we do have that before running of this job DataBase server was shut down for an hour for maintainence purpose ...
ArndW wrote:Since sequential files tend not to be the blocking factor, I would start by looking into the Oracle conection. I would talk to the DBA and use Oracle tools to monitor the query and it's progress, as i ...