Director log empty although job has run

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

boxtoby
Premium Member
Premium Member

Director log empty although job has run

Post by boxtoby »

I am just trying to get a new DataStage Rel 8 installation up and running on AIX and, whilst the jobs are running, I cannot see any log entries in the Director.

The View/Filter is set to Oldest to Newest, and I have also tried Show All, so I don't believe that's the problem.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Bob.
Bob Oxtoby
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Is this 8.1 - in which case you can redirect the log repository and have you done so?
It sounds like this applies to all jobs - can you tell whether or not the jobs have completed correctly, through looking at output tables or files?
boxtoby
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by boxtoby »

I have not redirected log myself but worth checking, can you tell me where to look? Nothing obvious on the Director screen.

The Status screen appears normal, there is just no log to view.

I have just created a simple text file to text file job which surprisingly aborted but I am not able to see why, of course.

This being a new installation my job could have failed with permissions issues, is it possible that that is the reason for the absence of any logs?

Thanks,
Bob.
Bob Oxtoby
boxtoby
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by boxtoby »

Well there you go!

I found the relevant entry in DSXchange almost by chance! If I'd only typed in the right search words it would have been easy.

Here's the link to the answer, basically it's a couple of entries in DSParams that need changing:

Below is the link sent to us from IBM support concerning redirecting the log output for an 8.1 install.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.w ... -8&lang=en

Thanks,
Bob.
Bob Oxtoby