RTI & WISD

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kkumardatastage
Participant

RTI & WISD

Post by kkumardatastage »

Hi

we designed the WISD job in DEV and the job is running 24/7. but is there any way to stop the WISD jobs i am running outof space in my database.

thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

In 7.x you would stop them from the 'RTI Console' client tool (the same tool you use to deploy them), no clue what the equivalent would be in the 8.x world, however.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kkumardatastage
Participant

RTI & WISD

Post by kkumardatastage »

Thanks CHULETT
Please can you tell me where can i find the RTI Console in 7.x and give me some directions to find the RTi Console. so that i can stop the RTI jobs.

Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You marked your post as 8.x so explaining how it all works in 7.x may not be all that helpful. :?
-craig

swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by swades »

To remove a deployed application, undploy it from the Deployed Information Services Applications workspace.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

They don't want to undeploy it, simply stop it.
-craig

swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by swades »

chulett wrote:They don't want to undeploy it, simply stop it.
:? Don't know what is the difference between them?? I do not see any option called "stop the services".
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

It's not the easiest thing to find, but the feature for "disable" is still there, as it was in RTI.....

Open your Information Server Console.... Open your ISD project. Go to the dashboard...find and follow the links there that point to your "Deployed Applications Workspace" (this is not the "Applications Workspace" where you develop them).

Look in the lower right corner for the Edit button. Click it. Now notice on the lower left, the new button that appears called "Disable/Enable". Click it. Wait a few moments....look in the DS Director. This "stops" the DS/QS Job WITHOUT undeploying.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>