XMEta migration

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

UPS
Premium Member
Premium Member

XMEta migration

Post by UPS »

Hi,
we are moving from one Unix installation to another (bigger server/more capacity). The software versions are not changing. How do we migrate the XMeta repository ? Is it advisable ? Can we just migrate the users/groups?

We are using IIS internal registry and mapping credentials to a Unix ID .

Thanks in advance./
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I don't know how one could, with surety and without risk, physically migrate the XMETA storage space. I gather you are not increasing capacity on one machine but are migrating from one machine to another.
In that case it is safer and cleaner to create a new and empty XMETA and use the DataStage Export->Import mechanism to effect the migration.
sreekanth kutumbaka
Participant

Post by sreekanth kutumbaka »

first of all, is it possible to move Datastage Server installation folders from one machine to another? i think we need to install the Server again in the new UNIX machine. please correct me if i'm wrong.

Regards,
Dinesh
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I think that the answer is that, as of version 8, it is simpler and quicker to effect a complete new installation rather than attempt so "fool" the software and just shifting things around manually.