Error While Connecting to Designer

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Vishal1982
Participant

Error While Connecting to Designer

Post by Vishal1982 »

Hi All,

I am getting an error while log on to the Designer.

Error calling subroutine: DSR_NLS (Action=14); check DataStage is set up correctly in project WorkshopJobs
(Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107))

Error calling subroutine: *DataStage*DSR_PROJECT (Action=1); check DataStage is set up correctly in project WorkshopJobs
(Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107))

I tried to find out the solution over the Internet ,but couldn't get the right one.

Please replay because i am not able to do anything unless solving this problem.

Thanks in Advance
VJ
IBM Websphere Datastage Certified Professional
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Can you connect to WAS using the webconsole? Is this error a new one, and if so, what has changed since the time things worked? Have you re-booted the Windows server?
Vishal1982
Participant

Post by Vishal1982 »

Hi,

I can login to the Web Console using WAS.Also i can connect to the Mananer by using the same user though which i am trying to log on to the designer.The problem is here that i cannot connect to the designer/director/administrator.

Few changes which i made to the server before things goes down are like changing environment variables, using the DB2 UDB API stages in my job ,also using most of stages from the sequences in one job.

Still not able to troubleshoot with the problem.

Thanks
VJ
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Manager (which doesn't exist at V8)? Do you have the MCM installed and are using it - perhaps the Designer just has the incorrect version? Can you connect to the project from your workstation using another user, and can you connect to another project using your user?
Vishal1982
Participant

Post by Vishal1982 »

Here I mean to say Information Server Manager.

I am getting the same error while trying to connect designer with the another user also and not able to connect to the another project using my user login credentials.

Here i also want to know is there any way to take the backup of my jobs without connecting to the designer??

Thanks
VJ
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Do you have other workstations from which to try to connect, perhaps it is just a problem on your PC. Have you checked on the server to see if all the Windows processes are running (there is a tab in the System menu, but I don't recall what it is called)?
Vishal1982
Participant

Post by Vishal1982 »

Yes i have tried from another workstation too ,but the same problem persist , all my windows as well as datastage services are running.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

From your Windows DS Server, try the DOS command "telnet localhost", what output do you get?