Basic transformer in parallel jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pxraja
Participant

Basic transformer in parallel jobs

Post by pxraja »

Hi all,

where can i find basic transformer in parallel job palette only one transformer stage is viewed?

Is there any way to change the parallel transformer to basic transformer?

can anyone reveal this..

thanks in advance
nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

There will be folders ..within that search for stages ...parallel , server .Within server , you can find basic transformer
Nag
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Actually, no. The Server Transformer is not the same as the BASIC Transformer. You'll find the latter in the repository browser under Stage Types \ Parallel \ Processing.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

Craig ,

Thanks for correcting me .I have not worked in server jobs .How server job transformer is different from BASIC transformer ???

Thanks
Nagarjuna
Nag
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The big one is that the server Transformer can perform lookups (supports reference inputs); the BASIC Transformer stage does not.

BASIC Transformer stage is not in the parallel job palette by default (deliberately). It can be found in the Stage Types branch of the Repository, and moved into the Palette from there if desired.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.