job schedule abort error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsqspro
Premium Member
Premium Member

job schedule abort error

Post by dsqspro »

Hi,
I am getting below error for parllel jobs when I schedule them, other wise they run fine manually.

"Oracle client version 0 is NOT supported"

DS 8.1
AIX 6.1
all 64bit

Regards
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Odd. Can you post the complete, unedited error and let us know if this is only an issue with jobs that access Oracle or if somehow this is affecting all jobs? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
dsqspro
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsqspro »

chulett wrote:Odd. Can you post the complete, unedited error and let us know if this is only an issue with jobs that access Oracle or if somehow this is affecting all jobs? :? ...
It is only with Oracle plugin stage, all other and ODBC stage jobs are running fine in schedule mode.

Ora_Param_Upd: Connect failed: Oracle client version 0 is NOT supported.

Ora_Param_Upd: APT_OraUpsertOperator: connect failed. Environment: user: BIDW; password: *****; server: bidbp; ORACLE_SID: xmeta; ORACLE_HOME: /ora1/app/oracle/OraHome_1.

main_program: Could not check all operators because of previous error(s)

main_program: Creation of a step finished with status = FAILED.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Do an exact search for "Oracle client version 0 is NOT supported", there are two Resolved threads here on that topic. They should help.
-craig

dsqspro
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsqspro »

chulett wrote:Do an exact search for "Oracle client version 0 is NOT supported", there are two Resolved threads here on that topic. They should help. ...
those are different error's, I have no problem running from director, only problem is when i schedule.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That doesn't necessarily mean their solutions are not applicable to you. If you're sure nothing there helps, then ping your official support provider 'cuz that's all we've got here. Unless someone else chimes in, of course...
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you really running a 64-bit version of DataStage? If not, it (DataStage) might be reporting the wrong half (the high order bits) of the Oracle version number.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.