Sign missing

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Marcus426
Participant

Sign missing

Post by Marcus426 »

HI all,

I have a source file. I am reading the file using seqential stage,one of the columns has a datatype double and contains amounts with '+' or '-' signs. when i view the data it is showing fine, but after sorting the file using a sort stage based on a different key column, in the output the '+' and '-' are missing. Can anyone help me out what might be the reason( the target field is also set to double with size same as the input).

Thanks!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The target is what - another sequential file, database table? And the signs are leading or trailing signs? Also, are you sure they are all "missing" or is it just the plus signs?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Marcus426
Participant

Post by Marcus426 »

chulett wrote:The target is what - another sequential file, database table? And the signs are leading or trailing signs? Also, are you sure they are all "missing" or is it just the plus signs? ...

The target is sequential file. The signs are leading. only the signs are missing.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

By default DataStage provides blank for +ve and a minus (hyphen) for -ve.

As Craig raised, do you see either -ve or not ?

What is the datatype of the target field ?
Marcus426
Participant

Post by Marcus426 »

sorry guys! I was a little blind. The negatives were there but some how slipped past my eyes. Once again thanks a lot for your time.