*DataStage*DSR_LOADSTRING

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

samyamkrishna
Premium Member
Premium Member

*DataStage*DSR_LOADSTRING

Post by samyamkrishna »

Hi,

while importing the dsx file I am getting teh following error.

Starting import for executable of job: JsSPHIS_Historique_Solde_Prepaye
...Temporarily renaming previous job 'JsSPHIS_Historique_Solde_Prepaye' to 'JsSPHIS_Historique_Solde_Prepaye$temp$'
...Creating new job 'JsSPHIS_Historique_Solde_Prepaye'
Creating file RT_CONFIG277
WARNING: Error while creating job JsSPHIS_Historique_Solde_Prepaye
Program "*DataStage*DSR_LOADSTRING": Line 140, Variable previously undefined. Zero length string used.
...Restoring previous job 'JsSPHIS_Historique_Solde_Prepaye' after import failure
...Renaming 'JsSPHIS_Historique_Solde_Prepaye$temp$' back to 'JsSPHIS_Historique_Solde_Prepaye'
...'JsSPHIS_Historique_Solde_Prepaye' import failed

Can some one help me.

Thanks,
Samyam
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Do you get the error if you don't update the job but create a new one? this means renaming the original to something else before running the import.
samyamkrishna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samyamkrishna »

ArndW wrote:Do you get the error if you don't update the job but create a new one? this means renaming the original to something else before running the import. ...
I dont have access to datastage GUI so I am not able to delete the job.
when I try to rename it from UNIX side using UV and update DS_JOBS but when I run UV it says this directory is not set up for datastage.

both ways I am not able to delete the jobs.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You cannot rename jobs from UNIX. You could change the name in the DS_JOBS entry for that job but would need to do so from within the ds shell or from the admin tool. Your best bet would be to find someone with GUI access to rename the job for you.
samyamkrishna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samyamkrishna »

ArndW wrote:You cannot rename jobs from UNIX. You could change the name in the DS_JOBS entry for that job but would need to do so from within the ds shell or from the admin tool. Your best bet would be to find so ...
Hi,
I am not able to see your post completly.
I got the GUI access now and when i try to import it gives the following two errors.

1.Error calling subroutine: DSR_EXECJOB (Action=1); check DataStage is set up correctly in project DPPS
(Subroutine failed to complete successfully (30107))

2.Record 2\JxSPHIS_Historique_Solde_Prepaye on file DS_AUDIT cannot be written

The dsx file has been imported sucessfully on other servers.
its giving problem only in this one particular server.

Regards,
Samyam
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Can you rename the job you are tring to overwrite? If so, does the import give you the same error?

Does your userid have RW access to the DS_AUDIT file in the project directory? If yes, then the error might lie in a corrupted DS_AUDIT hashed file, but I would say that the access rights are a more likely issue.
samyamkrishna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samyamkrishna »

ArndW wrote:Can you rename the job you are tring to overwrite? If so, does the import give you the same error?

Does your userid have RW access to the DS_AUDIT file in the project directory? If yes, then the error might lie in a corrupted DS_AUDIT hashed file, but I would say that the access rights are a more likely issue.
Hi Arnd

The issue is resolved. there was no space in the directories.
added more space the issue got resolved.

Thanks,
Samyam
samyamkrishna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by samyamkrishna »

it worked for only one dsx file but now i am facing the same problem again. this time there is lot of space available.

DS_AUDIT has permissions too.

I am not able to run the UV command to check whats in the DS_AUDIT table.

I am still getting the error
on file DS_AUDIT cannot be written
Program "*DataStage*DSR_LOADSTRING": Line 140, Variable previously undefined. Zero length string used.
...Restoring previous

is there anything wrong with the datastage set up.

Thanks,
Samyam[/quote]
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What are the DS_AUDIT permissions, are they RW for your user? Can you get to the TCL prompt or use the administrator and enter the command "COUNT DS_AUDIT" - that will show if there is an error in the file.